Our Services

Fire Front Reports offer a number of services to assist with your bushfire planning needs.

  • BAL Assessments
  • Bushfire Management Overlay Reports
  • Retrofitting advice
  • Emergency Management Plans
  • Alternative Solutions
  • Subdivision BMO Reports
  • Bushfire Safety Plans


Which Report Will I need?

Generally, development on a property in a Bushfire Prone area will require a BAL Assessment (Bushfire Attack Level Assessment).  These only relate to the construction requirements.

Development on a property with a BMO will usually require more extensive reports know as a Bushfire Management Overlay Report and a Bushfire Management Plan.  The zoning of the property dictates whether the report is a Pathway 1 or 2 report and Pathway 3 for a subdivision.


Pathway 1

Pathway 1 applies to an application to construct a single dwelling or construct or carry out works greater than 50% of the existing floor area associated with a single dwelling where the following apply:

  • The land is zoned Neighbourhood Residential Zone, General Residential Zone, Residential Growth Zone, Urban Growth Zone, Low Density Residential Zone, Township Zone or Rural Living Zone.
  • There is only one dwelling on the lot.

The report will include;

  • A bushfire hazard site assessment
  • A  bushfire  management  statement  


Pathway 2

Applies to all other development and includes the following;

  • A bushfire hazard site assessment
  • A bushfire hazard landscape assessment
  • A  bushfire  management  statement  


Pathway 3

Applies to subdivisions.

Please contact us for further information or clarification on which report/s you will require.